The history of Tullibardine as a location for brewing and distilling is one of the oldest in Scotland. Located in Blackford, the gateway to the Highlands, it was here in 1488 the young King James 4th of Scotland stopped to purchase beer. This is recorded as the first public purchase of beer. A small boutique Highland Malt distillery, completely hand produced with a very approachable house style - floral, sweet, fruity and malt driven. Purposely limited in volume.
Tullibardine owes its character in part to its outstanding spring water supply from the Ochil Hills formed more than 400 million years ago - rich in basalt and red sandstone. The water is collected from the Danny Burn (this is the same water bottled by the renowned Scottish mineral water company, Highland Spring). Designed as a purpose-built distillery by legendary distillery designer William Delme Evans (Jura and Glenallachie).
Purchased by an independent family company already involved in the whisky industry, with a wide portfolio of stock dating back to 1952, Tullibardine is in safe hands moving forward and one of the few independent distilleries not belonging to a major multi-national.