DOMAINE BOSQUET DES PAPES
When Chateauneuf du Pape got its official name in 1893, the initiative probably was taken for commercial reasons. The wines had then for a long time been known under the name Chateauneuf du Pape. Since 1860, the Boiron family has made wine at the property. Through five generations the domain has been handed over from father to son. Second generation Joseph-Victor Boiron (1875-1949) took over in 1890. From 1936 he called his domain "Clos Chantemerle", and since 1966 the name has been "Bosquet des Papes". This name was chosen by Maurice Boiron, who has now retired and today Nicolas Boiron and his wife Jeanne-Claire carry on the family traditions.