Medoc Sigognac is located on the plain of Saint-Yzans. It was built on the ruins of the Roman 'Villa Ausone', whose thermal baths from the time of Ciconius were located in the nearby 'bois carré'. 16th century texts refer to the noble house of Cru Bourgeois since 1932, ChateauSegougnac which belonged to the Count de Lesparre.
From the 18th century, the wine of Chateau Sigognac was exported to numerous countries. In the museum of the East India Company of Lorient there is the model of a ship, dating from 1740, on which there are barrels bearing the name 'Sigognac'.