CHATEAU MALESCOT ST EXUPERY
This historic 28-hectare estate is named for Simon Malescot, Louis XIV’s Attorney
General, who purchased it in 1697, and Comte Jean-Baptiste de Saint-Exupéry, who
owned it between 1827 and 1853.
Although ranked as Third Growth in the historic 1855
Classification, its halo slipped somewhat as it descended into dilapidation. Enter the
Zuger family in 1955, just in time to avert disaster, steering the château away from the
brink and back into contention, and worthy once more of its elevated grading. After 30
years of devotion the Zugers are still in play, with owner Jean-Luc Zuger overseeing a
meteoric rise in quality over recent years.