CHATEAU LE GAY
The history of this estate dates back to the 1850’s when it was known as Domaine du Gay. From 1946, it was owned for six decades by the famous Robin sisters, who also owned the legendary Château Lafleur.
Now under the same ownership as Château La Violette, the 10 hectares of vineyards are planted in 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, on gravel and clay soils with limestone. As at La Violette, the vines are also very old, on average 50 years, with many having survived the terrible frosts of 1956. Old bottles from the 1940’s and 1950’s are the stuff of legend, with the current expressions deep and concentrated with velvety textures.