CHATEAU LA TOUR DE MONS
Originally named Tour de Marsac, this Cru Bourgeois estate dates back to the 13th
Century. It was purchased by the de Mons family in 1623 and has enjoyed a good
reputation for hundreds of years. Despite fetching higher prices than Pontet Canet and
Lynch-Bages during the 18th Century it was not classified in 1855.
The vineyard is a
single 48ha block on gravel and limestone/clay that is surrounded by a wall in the
northern part of the appellation near the banks of the Garonne. Rather unusually for
Margaux, the plantings are predominantly Merlot at 56%, the remainder being 38%
Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot.
PRODUCTS FROM THIS BRAND
There are no products currently available …