Please confirm your Vintage!
Are you 18 or over? If you're under 18
we can't let you in the cellar door.
(Sorry it's the law)
YES
NO
LOG IN
|
REGISTER
|
STORE FINDER
|
GO

CHATEAU BELLEVUE

Walking the vineyards of Bellevue, you can still see the remains of the original Roman plantings; the place reeks of history. A little further down the timeline (the 17th Century, to be precise), we encounter the Fief de Bellevue renaming the estate after himself (well, you would, wouldn’t you?) and creating the beginnings of the estate we have today.

From the 2000 vintage onwards, Bordeaux aces Nicolas Theinpont and Stéphane Derenoncourt were brought in to up the ante, and they did just that, illustrating very quickly Bellevue's potential for greatness. In 2007, the de Boüard family, owners of Château Angélus, purchased a 50% stake, a move that generated a top-to-bottom revamp of the estate.

The operation is ultra-hands-on, with hand harvesting followed by four rounds of sorting. Each block is fermented separately, 40% in barrel, and all of it is aged in new French oak. The 5.9 hectares of clay and limestone soils carry one of the highest percentages of Merlot vines in Saint-Émilion – 98% – with the remaining 2% in Cabernet Franc.
LOCATION
Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux, France
VARIETIES PLANTED
Merlot, Cabernet Franc

PRODUCTS FROM THIS BRAND

Chateau Bellevue
 
$146.00
Volume | 750ml
 
ADD TO CART

All prices are stated in New Zealand dollars inclusive of goods & services tax (GST). Alcohol is supplied under our licence which can be viewed here. In order to purchase alcohol you must be over 18 years old and legally entitled to do so. All transactions are subject to this and all our other Terms and Conditions, which can be viewed here. Please note that your web browser must have cookies and javascript enabled in order to use all of the features of this website, including online shopping.

Copyright ©2005-2019 Glengarry Wines Limited