There is no more legendary name in the world of Port than Graham’s. For almost two hundred years they have produced some of the finest fortified wines in the world. Scottish brothers William and John Graham founded the firm in Oporto in 1815 to trade in textiles. They had extensive business interests at home and in India, and were described by one historian as ‘among the merchant princes of Great Britain.’
In 1820, they accepted 27 barrels of Port as payment for a debt, and then decided to devote their energies solely in that direction. Graham’s is still entirely family-owned and fully independent, producing wines that are renowned for their rich concentration, velvet elegance and balanced power.