Located on the East side of the beautiful Sandend Bay, Glenglassaugh Distillery was founded in 1875 by James Moir. Moir quickly established a reputuation for crafting quality whisky. The distillery was operated by Moir and his two nephews until 1892, when it was brought by Highland Distillers.
The distillery was rebuilt in 1960, but ceased production in 1986. After 20 dormant years, the Glenglassaugh was revived in 2008. Since 2013, Glenglassaugh has been run by the BenRiach Distillery Company. Quality has been the main focus at Glenglassaugh. Their whiskies are made using the high quality Scottish barley and traditional distilling methods. Their whisky are handcrafted by a small yet highly skilled team.