In the 18th century, the then owner Jean Belso built the Chateau, which was the size of his boat, as his second home. The property was brought by Marc Ducau in 1919 and renamed it Chateau Loupiac Gaudiet. Gaudiet was the name of the vineyard behind the Chateau. Ducau's family continues to own the Chateau today.
Chateau Loupiac Gaudiet's wines have a great finesse on the palate. They spend a minimum of two years aging in tanks.